The Company is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information given the fact that such personal information should be handled carefully under the principle of respect for individuals. We make efforts to treat all personal information appropriately and protect the rights and interests of individuals while using such personal information gathered in essential ways that benefit such individuals.
- 1. Acquiring personal information
- The Company shall lawfully and appropriately acquire personal information to the extent necessary for our business activities, such as marketing purposes, hiring employees, or human resource management. We shall identify the purposes for which personal information is collected and obtain the consent of the person in question at or before the time the information is collected.
- 2. Ways in which personal information is used
- The Company will use the personal information gathered solely within the scope required to achieve the specified and/or intended purposes. All procedures related to the management of personal information are governed by strict rules to ensure personal information is never handled for reasons beyond the minimum scope necessary for the specified and/or intended purposes.
We shall notify the person in question and obtain his or her consent in advance in cases where we intend to use the personal information for any purpose other than as originally intended or change said purpose.
- 3. Providing personal information
- The Company will not provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
(1) If personal information is provided upon the consent of the person in question.
(2) If the handling of personal information is outsourced to partner companies or other outsourcees, either in whole or in part, to the extent necessary to achieve the specified and/or intended purposes. The third parties in such cases will be bound by confidentiality agreements concluded with the Company.
(3) If an inquiry pursuant to laws and regulations is received from a public organization.
(4) If it is necessary to protect a person’s life, health, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question.
(5) If it is required to do so especially for the improvement of public health and the promotion of children’s sound growth, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question.
(6) If it is required to cooperate with national organizations or local governments, or parties entrusted by them, so that said parties may perform their duties as required by law, and obtaining the consent of the person in question may interfere with said performance of duties.
- 4. Compliance with laws and regulations governing the handling of personal information
- The Company will comply with all laws and regulations governing the handling of personal information, as well as other applicable guidelines and standards established by the state.
- 5. Security and control measures for personal information
- The Company will ensure the thorough training of its employees, including its directors and the employees and directors of its outsourcees, in all matters related to the handling of personal information. The Company will take all steps necessary to maintain the latest and most accurate personal information. Furthermore, the Company will implement appropriate security and control measures to prevent the leakage, misplacement, or damage (including loss, destruction, or alteration) of personal information.
- 6. Inquiries regarding personal information
- The Company will respond promptly and appropriately and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations if the person subject to the disclosure of personal information requests identification of its intended use; disclosure, correction, addition and/or deletion, or cessation of use; or cessation of provision to third parties thereof. In addition, the Company will respond promptly and appropriately to complaints and consultations regarding its handling of personal information.
- 7. Ongoing improvements to safeguard personal information
- The Company will make continuous efforts to improve measures for the handling of personal information to meet various needs in a timely manner. Such needs include, but are not limited to: external inputs such as complaints and/or consultations; revisions of applicable laws and regulations, guidelines and other standards established by the state; the ever-changing conditions in corporate and international community, including changes in social conditions and social norms, technological evolution, as well as changes in our business domains and financial conditions; and review of suggestions for improvement submitted from inside or outside the Company.